Purdy Law Office, LLC
Call Now To Schedule A Free Consultation

Posts tagged "divorce"

Can courts later modify divorce agreements?

One option divorcing couples here in Pennsylvania have for addressing the many important issues in their divorce is to reach agreements on such issues. What if, after a divorce, a person feels that changing circumstances have made it so an agreement that he or she made with his or her ex during the divorce is no longer fair and no longer a good fit for the situation? Can he or she seek out a court modification of the agreement?

What happens with gifts in a divorce?

During the holidays and at other times of the year, people can receive gifts that have considerable value, both emotionally and financially. When a person gets divorced, among the concerns he or she may have are worries about what will happen with cherished gifts he or she received in the past. Today, we'll go over the basics of how gifts are treated in Pennsylvania divorce law.

Can you get a Protection From Abuse order for verbal abuse?

Abuse can come in many different forms. According to the National Domestic Violence Hotline (NDVH), almost 20 people are physically abused in the United States each minute. Sadly, many of these cases of domestic violence begin with verbal abuse, which can have a lasting impact on a victim.

Challenges can arise when modifying spousal support

If you pay or receive spousal support, you should know that it is possible to modify these orders as time goes by. After all, people can change, as can their needs and means. When a significant change occurs, it could warrant re-examination of support orders and possible modification.

When You Have Questions About Family Law

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response

Purdy Law Office, LLC
1820 Linglestown Road
Harrisburg, PA 17110

Phone: 717-836-0764
Fax: 717-221-8403
Harrisburg Law Office Map

Free consultation