Allison joined Purdy Law Office, LLC in November 2012 as an associate attorney, where she has focused her practice on all areas of family law. In 2014, she also began working as a Guardian ad Litem appointed by the Court to represent the best interest of children in adoption and termination of parental rights actions.
Allison particularly enjoys helping clients resolve their divorce, custody and support disputes outside of court. She is a trained Collaborative Law Attorney and mediator and utilizes this training to help parents and spouses reach agreements that take into account the needs and interests of all family members.
Prior to joining the practice, Allison obtained her B.A. from James Madison University in 2007 and her law degree from Widener Law Commonwealth (formerly Widener University) in December 2010. During law school, she worked as a Certified Legal Intern in the Widener Civil Law Clinic, representing and assisting indigent clients in civil matters.
She is a past member of the William Lipsitt Inn of Court, current chair of the Central Pennsylvania Collaborative Professionals training committee, and current member of the Family Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Young Lawyer’s Section of the Dauphin County Bar Association. Allison also acts as a Guardian Monitor for the Dauphin County Guardianship Monitor program and as an attorney volunteer at local Wills for Heroes events.
Outside of the office, Allison acts as a “big sister” in Big Brothers, Big Sisters.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law 100%
Certified Legal Specialties
- Collaborative Law Attorney
- Pennsylvania, 2012
- Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia
Professional Associations and Memberships
- William Lipsitt Inn of Court, Past Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Family Law Section, Current member
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Young Lawyer's Section & Family Law Section, Current member
- Collaborative Professionals of Central Pennsylvania, Training Committee Chair
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
Past Employment Positions
- Widener Civil Law Clinic, Certified Legal Intern, Summer 2010
- Purdy Law Office LLC, Law Clerk, 2009 to 2012
Pro Bono Activities
- Guardian Monitor for the Dauphin County Guardianship Monitor Program
- Attorney Volunteer at local Wills for Heroes Events
- "Big Sister” in Big Brothers, Big Sisters